Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine: cosmetic surgury

Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine

free perzine, made of paper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Zine maker, writer, activist. I like listening to good listeners. Email me at robotmad (gmail).

Sunday, February 26, 2006

cosmetic surgury


I was shocked when three students this semester wanted to write essays pro-cosmetic surgery. I think that having your body cut into, for any reason than health necessity, is disgusting.

Also, cosmetic surgery is so expensive. It creates a larger gap between the rich and the poor. It’s a waste of money: how could looks be so important? the complete opposite of my firmly-held idea that it’s what’s on the inside that counts.

Two of these students mentioned that they love to watch shows on TV where a person gets a complete make-over, including cosmetic surgery. So maybe these shows are like ads for the industry.

I love you just the way you are and hope you will never go under the knife to get prettier. You’re quite pretty enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home