Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine: teaching dream, one of a thousand #39

Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine

free perzine, made of paper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Zine maker, writer, activist. I like listening to good listeners. Email me at robotmad (gmail).

Sunday, November 26, 2006

teaching dream, one of a thousand #39

It was the first day, I didn’t have a plan, I didn’t have texts, and I was being observed. I was getting to know individual students. I liked them--they were a loud bunch, older than usual, less advantaged.

I woke up planning classes and refining my pedagogy, realized it was just a dream and I’m not a teacher anymore, fell half-asleep again and kept going with class plans and a revision of the entire arc of my composition classes. I think I would be a better teacher now, but I don’t feel like jumping back into that murky water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home